Monday 8 June 2015

8 Awkwardly Hilarious Intricacies Of Being Kept Alive By Family And Friends

We just love to laugh. Check out the twitter for What's Good?. Providing the best UK entertainment news.

The thing about relying on loved ones for your care is: It can get seriously awkward.

I'm 23 years old, and I was born with a lovely disease that causes my muscles to waste away as I get older. If you're in the market for a new disease, I highly recommend this one. Here's a picture of me in all my glory:

Shane Burcaw

I've been in a wheelchair since the age of 2, and have relied on other people for pretty much every physical activity since birth – things like showering, shitting, eating, travelling, dressing, and getting into bed, although not in that order.

Most of the time, the people helping me with these activities are my parents, younger brother, friends, and girlfriend. This inevitably leads to a variety of silly, terrible, and awkward interactions. Allow me to share:

Starting off on a great note here, but it's true. Growing up as a teenage boy, the nocturnal emissions were a common event, which meant calling my father to help me get cleaned up. In fact, I became so accustomed to calling my dad after these embarrassing moments that my girlfriend threatened to leave me if I ever accidentally called to him while she and I are "together."


View Entire List ›


by

No comments:

Post a Comment